Photo credit: Reuters

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Saturday, January 1, 2011


Dear Mr. President,
Time to trot out the New Year’s resolutions. If I were the Big Kahuna, the commander-in-chief, here’s what I would put on my list:

1. End the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and bring all the troops home now.
2. Use the $10 billion a month saved by ending the wars to help repair the good old U.S. of A.
3. Shut down Guantanamo
4. Free Pfc. Bradley Manning
5. Use your bully pulpit to educate the public about what needs to be done and why, then do it
6. Use your bully pulpit to oppose the Republicans and right wing nuts who want to go back to the “good old days” which were actually the “bad old days”

I could add more to my wish list but just doing these half dozen things would make 2011 a banner year. Now, I’m not telling you how to do your job - well, maybe a little - just making a few helpful suggestions. Anyway, Happy New Year, Mr. President.
Free Bradley Manning!

No comments:

Post a Comment