Photo credit: Reuters

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sunday, December 5, 2010


Dear Mr. President,
I started writing you a note on a different topic and then I saw this statement on your web site: “President Obama is committed to creating the most open and accessible administration in American history.” Well sir, that sorta set me back on my heels what with the all out attempt this past week to shut down WikiLeaks and prevent them from telling the American people and the rest of the world just what the heck goes on behind those gold-plated diplomatic doors. Just the tiniest bit of reflection here on the meaning of “...the most open and accessible administration in American history,” would surely make obvious to you that your administration appears to be committed to just the opposite. I can’t help but detect a bit of hypocrisy here, Mr. President. Seems to me if you really believed in openness and transparency you’d call off your attack dogs and give Julian Assange and Pfc. Bradley Manning both the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Course, I doubt that’s gonna happen anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment